Access Bank Plc is a multinational commercial bank headquartered in Nigeria and owned by the Access Bank group. The organization started out as a corporate bank, but ventured into personal and business banking in 2012 after its merger with Diamond Bank. The bank extends its services to customers through numerous platforms. One of the easiest and most convenient banking methods for the bank’s customers is the Access Bank transfer code.
With the transfer code, customers can complete a wide range of transactions without setting foot in a bank.
What is the Access bank transfer code?
The Access Bank transfer code is a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code that allows customers to easily access the bank’s services from their mobile phone. The basic USSD code is * 901 #. However, there are many extensions to the code that allow customers to perform large-scale transactions.
Meaning of bank drafts and how this payment method actually works
How do I activate my Access Bank transfer code?
To start using the Access Diamond transfer code, you must first create what is known as a transfer PIN. Here is an overview of the requirements for creating a transfer PIN code.
- An active Access Bank account number
- An ATM card issued by the bank
- A phone number registered or linked to the bank account
- An easy-to-remember four-digit favorite PIN
So how do I activate my USSD code for Access Bank? Once you have the items mentioned above, follow the steps below to register and activate your transfer code.
- On your mobile, dial * 901 #
- In the menu that appears, click on “transfer”.
- You will be prompted to enter the last six digits of your ATM card
- If you do not have an active ATM card, you will be asked to enter your date of birth
- In the next field, enter your bank account number and press send
- You will be asked to enter a four-digit PIN code
- Enter the PIN code and click âOKâ.
Everything you need to know about Sterling online banking in one article
This process is free.
What can I do with the transfer code for Access Diamond bank?
USSD code for Access Diamond Bank can be used for many transactions ranging from money transfer to bill payment. Here is a comprehensive list of the code’s features.
Access Bank customers can transfer money from their account to another within the same bank or to another bank with the transfer code. The transaction must be authenticated using the previously mentioned four-digit PIN code.
When the transfer takes place, the funds are debited directly from the customer’s account. So what is the access code for the transfer? Here is an overview of the extended codes to transfer money to other Access account holders and non Access Bank account holders.
- Transfer to another Access Bank customer: Dial * 901 * 1 * amount of money * account number to send to #. For example, if you want to send 2000 â¦ to your friend’s Access account number 456789, you would dial * 901 * 1 * 2000 * 456789 # on your phone. Keep in mind that this service incurs a fee of $ 20.
- Transfer to another bank: Dial * 901 * 2 * amount of money * account number to send to #. For example, if you want to send 2000 to your friend’s First Bank account number 45456789, you would dial * 901 * 1 * 2000 * 45456789 # on your phone. This service comes with a fee of 50 plus a value-added tax of 2.5.
Keystone Bank Internet Banking Features
Other transactions you can do with the transfer code
Besides transferring money, there are a number of other things you can do with the * 901 # USSD.
You can use your code to top up your SIM card. Unlike other paid features, the purchase of airtime is completely free. Here is an overview of the steps required to purchase airtime.
- Buy for yourself: If you would like to purchase airtime for the phone number linked to your bank account, dial * 901 * amount #. For example, to purchase airtime worth 50, you would need to dial * 901 * 50 #.
- Buy for another person: You can also top up another person’s line with the transfer code. It could be a friend, relative or colleague. To do this, you will dial * 901 * amount * phone number # on your phone. For example, to buy 50 for someone with the number 0810987654, you would dial * 901 * 50 * 0810987654 #.
Open a new bank account
Code to transfer money from Ecobank to other banks and how to use it
You do not need to go to a physical Access Bank branch to open a new account. The transfer code has an account opening feature that allows new customers to open accounts from the comfort of their own homes. To open an account, dial * 901 # and press “send”. Type your name and cross-check to make sure everything is spelled correctly.
An onscreen prompt will guide you through the relatively straightforward account opening process.
You can check your account balance using the USSD service. To do this, dial * 901 # and select “5”. After a short while you will receive a message from the bank with your account balance details. You can also dial * 901 * 00 # to check your balance.
The balance request feature incurs a fee of 10.
Here is an overview of the other functions of the transfer code.
- * 901 * 0 #: change / reset PIN code
- * 901 * 000 * 522 + ETAG number + amount #: LCC Toll account recharge
- * 901 * 000 * RefCode #: USSD on a point of sale terminal
- * 901 * 1 * merchant code * amount #: Merchant payment
- * 901 * 10 #: Yellow Access
- * 901 * 11 #: Payday loan
- * 901 * 12 #: Update customer information
- * 901 * 13 #: Access Africa
- * 901 * 14 #: Double Transaction Service (DTS)
- * 901 * 3 #: Bill payments
- * 901 * 5 #: Xtra Diamond
- * 901 * 911 #: Deactivate a USSD service telephone number
List of Private Lending Opportunities in Nigeria
Benefits of using the transfer code
Access Bank currently offers customers several banking methods to choose from. These include mobile banking, internet banking, and conventional physical banking. Nonetheless, here are some reasons to consider using the transfer code for your banking needs.
- It is extremely convenient, quick and easy.
- The USSD can be used on all types of telephones, including multifunction telephones.
- You don’t need an internet connection to redeem the code.
- Transactions typically take 20 to 40 seconds.
- The USSD service can be used at any time.
- The transfer service is available for use on all mobile networks in Nigeria.
Frequently Asked Questions About the USSD Code
Here’s a look at some of the frequently asked questions.
How do I enter my transfer code for Access Diamond?
Once you have registered for the transfer code, simply dial * 901 # on your device to start using the transfer code. You can also use the extended codes mentioned in this guide to simplify transactions.
Top Tips for Buying Airtime from Access Bank in 2018
How many times can I redeem the code per day?
You can use the code as many times as you want. However, this is only valid as long as your cumulative trades do not exceed the daily limit of 20,000.
Can USSD be used on all networks?
Yes, you can use USSD service on any mobile network in Nigeria.
What should I do when I receive a timeout message?
The USSD session typically times out after 20 seconds of inactivity for security reasons. If you receive a “session expired” message, redial the shortcode to restart the transaction.
The Access Bank transfer code is undoubtedly one of the most convenient banking methods for the bank’s customers. The wide range of services accessible from the USSD platform and the many benefits that come with using the service are well worth it.
READ ALSO: How To Receive Money Via PayPal In Nigeria: Can You Do It?
Guide to GTbank mobile banking?
Legit.ng recently looked at the options available for receiving money through PayPal in Nigeria. PayPal is one of the world’s leading online money transfer platforms. With PayPal, one can send and receive money seamlessly to and from many parts of the world.
The platform also facilitates online shopping by offering a payment method in addition to conventional debit and credit cards. So, can you use PayPal in Nigeria, and what do you need?