The Permanent Account Number (PAN) card is a unique identity, which is needed in many important places. The PAN card is required to perform any type of financial transaction, such as cash purchases of bank drafts, payment orders, and filing of tax returns. The PAN card is also required to create a PF account and in some places it is also used as an ID card.
The PAN card has a 10-digit alphanumeric number, which is provided by the Department of Income Tax. This process falls under the Central Council of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
In case you lost your PAN card or broke it, don’t worry, now the government allows citizens to download the PAN card online through the official website – www.onlineservices.nsdl.com.
You can upload your PAN map online easily using your phone or desktop computer while sitting at home.
How to easily download PAN map online
- Go to https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/requestAndDownloadEPAN.html.
- Then click on the PAN option from the two options given and enter your required information such as your Adhaar number, your PAN card number, your date of birth.
- Accept the terms and conditions and enter the captcha.
- Click the Submit button.
- Now all the necessary details of your PAN will appear in front of you on the screen.
- Click any mode for PAN verification and check the declaration box.
- Now click on generate OTP. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- type the OTP and click on the Validate option.
- After that, a payment option will appear. Click “Continue with paid E-PAN download feature”.
- After that, select one of the payment methods, accept the terms and conditions and click on the payment confirmation option.
- Now a payment page will be displayed in front of you, where you will be asked to pay around Rs 9.
- After a successful payment, click on the Continue option and generate a payment receipt.
- Click on Download e-PAN map. After a while, your e-Pan card will be downloaded to your mobile phone or PC.
Note that the PDF file of the e-PAN card will be password protected. The password is the applicant’s date of birth.
Also read: Follow these simple steps to correct the information on your PAN card