League of Legends is a massive, multiplayer arena game where players can choose from over 100 champions to play, but many of them are not playable from the start. Unlocking them includes buying them or receiving them as capsules, which can be obtained by completing in-game challenges or having a Prime Gaming account.
Prime Gaming is a monthly service that allows its user to redeem rewards for various games including League of Legends, giving them access to free champions, skins, emotes, and other in-game items. Here’s how to redeem your League of Legends Prime Gaming rewards.
Amazon Prime and its benefits
Before claiming the additional benefits of Prime Gaming, you must first have an Amazon Prime subscription. It is a paid subscription service that allows users to expedite shipping when purchasing items from the Amazon store. In addition to two-day shipping, Amazon Prime gives its users access to streaming services such as Prime Video and Prime Music, as well as discounts at several other locations and stores.
Prime Gaming is an added benefit to Prime Membership that allows you to get free games, in-game content, and free subscription to any Twitch channel. Once you have signed up for an Amazon Prime account, you will be one step closer to obtaining these benefits.
Get a Twitch account
In addition to signing up for Amazon Prime, to do this you must also have a Twitch account. Twitch is a live streaming service where people usually stream video games, but can also stream music and chat. Account creation is completely free and you don’t need to be a streamer to do so. Once you have set up Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts, you will first need to link them to be able to claim rewards.
Link the two accounts
To link your accounts, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Prime Gaming homepage on Twitch, click the “Login” at the top right of the page and select the country you are in.
- After that, log into your Amazon Prime account and you will be on the Prime Gaming home screen.
- Once there, click on the “Link a Twitch account” on the left side of the screen, then log in to your Twitch account.
- Confirm that you want Amazon Prime and your Twitch account linked, then you’ll have Prime Gaming.
Claim your League of Legends capsule
Before you can use your capsule, you also need to link your Riot Gaming account to your Twitch account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Twitch and click “Setting” at the bottom right of the screen under your profile picture.
- Once there, go to the “Connectionsand there you should see all the accounts and services that are linked to your Twitch account. Find the Riot Games options, and after logging into your Riot Games account, you are now ready to redeem those rewards.
- Returning to the Prime Gaming homepage, you’ll see a list of free games and redeemable content, find League of Legends, and claim that month’s capsule.
That’s it! From now on, you will be able to receive free in-game content once a month as long as you have an Amazon Prime subscription.
Next: League Of Legends – Lux Champions Guide