Indian Overseas Bank is also known as IOB in India. It is also one of the most popular nationalized banks. The bank was established in the 1930s and as of 2022 the bank has over 3,200 domestic branches and about 4 foreign branches and a representative office. Upon nationalization, IOB was one of 14 major banks taken over by the Indian government.
The bank offers a whole host of online and offline branch services. The bank lets you check your bank balance, get mini statements, pay bills and check passbook all using its call, SMS and app services. In this guide, we will see how to check Indian Overseas Bank account balance using Missed Call Service, SMS, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and ATMs.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Missed Call Banking Service
One of the easiest ways to check the bank balance of a bank account is to use the missed call service provided by the bank. Like most banks in India, IoB bank also offers this missed call service. Here is the number to check the Canara balance.
Dial 04442220004 from your phone and the call will end automatically after a few rings, you will instantly receive an SMS from the bank with your bank balance.
Also Read: Canara Bank Balance Check: How to Check Canara Bank Balance via Online Banking, Missed Call Service, Mobile App, etc.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Internet Banking
- Visit BIO Online banking website
- Enter Login ID and Password
- Enter capcha
- Click Login
- Select the option “Request balance”
- Under Account Balance, your account balance will be displayed
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Mobile App
- Download and Install IndOASIS – Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking App on android Where iOS
- Complete the registration process on the app with your mobile number, MPIN and password or simply register if you are already registered
- Once the app is open, tap on “My Accounts”
- Under the Accounts tab, your account balance will be displayed
Also Read: PNB Balance Inquiry: How to Check National Bank of Punjab Balance via Internet Banking, Missed Call Service, Mobile App, etc.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via SMS
To check your account balance, here are the steps you can follow.
- Send an SMS to 84240 22122
- Type BAL
the last 4 digits of the account number and press the send button
- You will instantly receive an SMS from the bank with your remaining balance
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank Balance via Toll Free Number
From your registered mobile number, you can dial 04442220004 and get your account balance.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via Debit Card Using ATM
It is an offline method to check Indian Overseas Bank account balance by visiting the nearest ATM. This is in case you are unable to get the balance over the phone or the internet. Here’s how to check Canara bank balance using an ATM card.
- Insert your Indian Overseas Bank ATM card into the machine
- Enter your ATM PIN
- Select the option “Request balance”
- Check the balance and complete the transaction
Also Read: Bank of Baroda Balance Inquiry: How to Check BOB Account Balance via Online Banking, Missed Call Number, Mobile App, etc.
How to Check Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Balance via UPI App
You can also check your Indian Overseas Bank balance using different UPI apps. Google Pay, Paytm, BHIM, Phonepe and many more allow you to check your Indian Overseas Bank account balance. In this article, we will use Google Pay as an example and how you can check your Indian bank balance using the app. Here’s how:
- Download and install the Google Pay app on your Android or iOS device
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register for the service and create a UPI PIN
- Once done, you can simply open the Profile section of the app
- Now click on Payment Methods and then select Indian Overseas Bank account, the app will fetch your account details and you can proceed.
- You can tap on the profile picture on the top right of the home screen, select “Bank account”, then tap on Indian Overseas Bank
- Tap the IOB and select “Check Bank Balance” and enter UPI PIN to check your Indian bank balance abroad
Also Read: SBI Balance Check and Inquiry: How to Check SBI Account Balance via Missed Call Number, Online Banking, Mobile App, etc.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technology content, such as our Facebook page