News Center > This is Arkansas – prepare for unpredictable spring weather
For immediate release
In a few days, Arkansas will experience temperatures ranging from the upper 60s to the teens, which of course means extreme weather conditions will be in the game. This usually means thunderstorms, floods and tornadoes at this time of year, but it can also mean freezing rain.
As winter draws to a close and spring rolls around, there are things customers can do now to prepare for the extreme and unpredictable weather that the new season brings with it.
Prepare your family
- Make a plan. Your family should always know what to do and where to go in the event of a disaster. Be sure to discuss important phone numbers, designated out-of-town contacts, and options to stay home or evacuate. Also, you need to know about emergency plans at work and, if applicable, your children’s school or the residence of an elderly family member if they don’t live with you. If your household depends on life support or other medical equipment, it’s important to be prepared for unforeseen extended outages. You can discuss the need for such a plan with your doctor.
- Create a kit. In extreme weather conditions, you and your family may have to survive on your own. Experts agree that having items such as non-perishable food, plenty of water, flashlights, a first aid kit with extra batteries, a portable charger and more can help you make your pencil case.
- Keep up to date with weather updates. Install a smartphone app that will alert you to severe weather in the area or sign up for emergency alerts on your smartphone. A weather radio with a loud alarm can also help you wake up when extreme weather threatens overnight.
For more information on how you can prepare for inclement weather, visit entergynewsroom.com/storm-center/plankit and explore our web subpages.
Also, it’s important to know how to contact Entergy Arkansas if you need help after a storm. There are several ways to report outages and downed power lines:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and postal code handy. The registration scheme is as follows, including spaces: REG (account number) (zip code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage. You can also report an outage online as a guest.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our Show failures
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
We are ready
Entergy employees plan and train year-round, ready to respond and restore power when extreme and unpredictable weather conditions cause power outages and downed power lines. Our perpetual cycle of planning, preparation and training ensures that we are ready for Operation Storm for any weather situation.
About Entergy Arkansas
Entergy Arkansas provides electricity to approximately 722,000 customers in 63 counties. Entergy Arkansas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR), an integrated energy company engaged in the generation, transmission and retail distribution of electricity. Entergy provides electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy owns and operates one of the cleanest utility scale power generation fleets in the United States with approximately 30,000 megawatts of power generation capacity, including 7,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy has annual revenues of $10 billion and approximately 12,500 employees.
Download a high resolution Entergy logo here.