KINGSPORT — New customers can now subscribe to water service online on the city’s website.
“More and more people are managing their finances online these days, so it only made sense for the Town of Kingsport to offer this service to our residents,” Accounting Supervisor Scott LaNasa said Friday. “We want to make the process of registering for the water service quick and easy. We believe we have done just that.
To register, click on the “City Services” link at the top of the city’s homepage (kingsporttn.gov), then click on the “Customer Service” link under “City Information”.
Finally, select the “Start a new water service” button on the right side of the page, city officials said.
From there, customers can follow the instructions to request water service.
City officials said it could take up to five days to create an account. If you need immediate assistance, you should come to City Hall in person at 415 Broad St.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A WATER SERVICE REQUEST
1) When starting a new service, provide an electronic copy of your driver’s license, current lease/lease/purchase agreement, and completed water service application.
2) Send all of the above to [email protected].
3) Once this documentation has been provided, a customer service representative will call and verify the information and ask for your social security number.
4) Once the account is created and the information is verified, you will get an account number to make a payment to start the service.
5) Once the payment has been made, customer service will issue an order to activate the service to the requested residence.
For more information, call (423) 343-9860.