Submitted by Orcas Power & Light Cooperative.
OPALCO’s annual meeting of members is scheduled for Saturday, April 30 via Zoom from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The agenda includes election results, the state of the co-op’s address and a member question and answer period. As always, the Coop offers useful and fun door prizes such as electric gardening tools, emergency preparedness kits, technological tools and very exciting loot bags. Members who attend will also receive a $10 credit (one per subscription).
• Register in advance for the annual meeting: https://opalco.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aN4VgZPNShuRlydaVnBnaA
• The annual report is available online: https://www.opalco.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Annual-Report-Final.pdf.
Ballots for the OPALCO Board of Directors election are due no later than 10:00 a.m. PT on April 27. Ballots and voting information were sent to your mailbox on March 11 and all information is available online: https://www.opalco.com/election-centre/. Ballots must be mailed or emailed directly to the election provider; ballots cannot be accepted at OPALCO offices.
If you don’t have your ballot handy, here’s how to vote by email:
• Obtain your account number from your bill or by calling the OPALCO office at 360-376-3500.
• Next, request an email ballot with your name and membership number by contacting our voter support team at 952-974-2339 or [email protected]
• An e-mail will be sent to you shortly after. Don’t forget to check your spam folder for your new voting email.
Orcas Power & Light Cooperative (OPALCO) is our member-owned cooperative electric utility, serving more than 11,400 members on 20 islands in San Juan County. OPALCO provides electricity that is 97% greenhouse gas free and produced mainly by hydroelectric power stations. OPALCO was founded in 1937. Follow OPALCO @OrcasPower on Facebook and Twitter.